Did you know that Maranyundo means “a stone so firm it cannot be broken”? We pray that each girl’s spirit grows ever stronger, enveloped in God’s love that it never breaks. Since 2012, our children and youth at Trinity have focused on the Maranyundo Girls School (MGS) during Lent.
Each Trinity Church School family is invited to take home a Mite Jar for Maranyundo filled with 40 facts and questions to connect your family with the girls at the Maranyundo School. Find a special place to keep this jar. Have a stapler nearby, too. Each day:
- Pull out a strip from the jar,
- Learn a new fact about the Maranyundo Girls School
- Pray for the girls,
- Place a few coins into the jar,
- Shape the strip into a heart. Take each end of the strip, curl them inward and towards the center fold and staple the ends together.
- Repeat each day and staple the hearts together to form a chain of love — a reminder of how our love grows as we pray, care and stay connected to one another and to the girls at Maranyundo.
- Bring your jar and paper chain to church on Easter Sunday, April 12.
- During the service, place your jar in the wooden cross and decorate the cross with your chain.
** REMINDERS: Saturday, March 28: Lenten Program for Children from 9am – noon **
Sunday, March 29: “Holy Week in a Box for Children” ready for pickup **