Trinity Bike Club is a great way for parishioners and families to get outside and enjoy some physical activity on a Sunday afternoon at 1:30. Rides will be on local rail trails, often with a stop for ice cream. Bring bikes in good working order and a helmet. Ride at own pace. Weather permitting.
Contact Patricia Kent (617-827-1437; firstname.lastname@example.org) or John Ahern (978-273-7898; email@example.com) to let us know which ride you are interested.
May 20 Minuteman Commuter Bikeway
June 24 Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
July 15 Nashua River Rail Trail
August 5 Bruce Freeman Trail
September 9 Assabet River Rail Trail
October 14 Falmouth Shining Sea Trail
Directions to parking lots and meeting place:
- Minuteman Bikeway in Bedford. From Concord take a right onto Loomis Street off Rt 62. Parking lots on the left. Meet behind the Freight House.
- Nashua River Rail Trail in Ayer. Take Rt 2A into Ayer Center. Take right onto Park Street at intersection of Mobil Station and Sovereign Bank. Take first right onto Groton Street, then right into parking lot.
- Bruce Freeman Trail in Westford. Off of Westford Road (Rt 225) take a right onto Acton Road. Take a left onto Pond Street (first left after Lakeside Ave where there is public parking for Hart Pond and the rail trail.
- Assabet River Rail Trail: Take Laws Brook Road toward Acton. Road becomes School Street. Take left onto Rt 27 or Main Street over the bridge, then a quick right onto Maple Street. Can use Commuter Rail parking lot on right.
- Falmouth Shining Sea Trail. On the Cape, take Rt 28 South to Falmouth. Take a right on Depot Ave for public parking.
Information about Trinity Episcopal Church’s Bike Club
http://www.massbike.org/resourcesnew/pathstrail Information about all the Massachusetts bicycling paths and trails with links to specific trails
Information about Massachusetts state bike laws and safety issues
- Granite State Quest fundraising century ride is an annual event in Exeter, NH that supports the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Unit at MassGeneral Hospital for Children.
- Hub on Wheels is a pleasant ride every September through the neighborhoods of Boston.
- Five Boro Bike Tour is a great way to see New York City with 30,000 other bike riders.
Link to MassBike … Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition