The Way of Love reminds us to take time to turn, learn, pray, and worship…even during Advent. If we are not careful, we can let these four short weeks to Christmas fly by with commitments, shopping, decorating, wrapping, kids’ activities and more. Visuals, like an advent wreath on the dining table or a crèche set out on a mantle, remind us to turn our attention to preparing our hearts for Christmas. We offer Advent Wreath Making on Sunday, December 1. Lighting the advent wreath and having a daily devotional practice are gifts of time we give ourselves to learn, pray and worship at home. We offer both Advent booklets and online devotionals throughout the season. Here are the details!
Join us for Advent Wreath Making on Sunday, December 1 in the parish hall during coffee hour. We depend upon the donation of freshly cut evergreens from parishioners’ yards, so please bring them in on that day or make arrangements with Molly Stone to drop them off ahead of time. At least 24 people have signed up to make wreaths, but more are welcome to join us! If you ordered an oasis ring in October, it will be available that day. Others may bring in their brass ring from last year or pick up a new brass ring (while supplies last). In addition, remember to bring garden shears or scissors, gardening gloves, and a box top (to carry your wreath home). You can help us defray our costs with a free will offering of $10 for an oasis ring (includes candles), or $5 for brass ring, or $5 for a set of candles. Come early, while supplies last.
Take home an Advent devotional resources. There are many to choose from for various ages, some hardcopy and some online.
- Traditional booklets will be available starting December 1.
- New this year, we offer a Reverse Advent Calendar where you set aside an item from your food pantry each day of Advent and bring them to Trinity during any of our worship opportunities in December.
- In addition, the Episcopal Church offers a single page Way of Love Advent Calendar (copies of both will be available in the narthex, as well).
- Consider joining #AdventWord, where you view and can share visual and written daily meditations from participants around the world.
- For youth, try org, a daily offering of reflection for youth and young adults. It is offering a special series, Following the Star, during advent.
- Living Well Through Advent is also available as a free download or sent daily to your email account. Simply go to https://www.livingcompass.org/advent.